Hoffman Quintuplets 1+5= The 6-Pack

Hoffman Quintuplets 1+5= The 6-Pack
Babies getting big!

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Merry Christmas! You're pregnant with twins...I mean quints!

 
In the beginning and middle of December 2013, blood work and two ultrasounds confirmed a twin pregnancy had occurred.  On December 27, 2013, at the third ultrasound to “hear heartbeats” it was determined that this was a healthy (5 heartbeats, 5 yolk sacs/placentas) quintuplet pregnancy instead of a twin pregnancy!  I was relieved my husband and son were there so I was focused on their reactions and could start processing the situation.  I normally have a very Type A personality, including being extremely organized, a list maker, handle a million tasks at once, and like being in "control" of situations.  When unexpected things come up (good or bad), I automatically start problem solving.  My son immediately said, "I'm not prepared for this...wow Five Babies!"  My husband was pale white, mouth open, and was in complete shock.  When we walked out of the ultrasound room and sat in the waiting area to talk with the doctor, other patients kept looking at him and asking if he was okay.  His only response was, "There's five"!  I just kept explaining to the other patient's who were waiting what he meant.  Needless to say, I think he gave the entire waiting room a scare!

Our Christmas announcement of twins before we found out two days later that it was quintuplets!

No comments:

Post a Comment